Sams Teach Yourself Unix in 10 Minutes by Robert Shimonski, Dave Taylor (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.14Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you're in need of a quick, concise tutorial to learn Unix and get on your way, this is it. Sams Teach Yourself UNIX in 10 Minutes, Second Edition will help you quickly and easily learn UNIX essentials and review UNIX features and functions. You will master components of UNIX programming through clear, concise learning modules and step-by-step instructions without having to wade through a lot of fluff and theory. You will learn to: * Get onto the system and use the command line * Move about the file system * Create, move, rename and delete files and directories * Slice and dice command pipe data * Use the vi Editor * Print in the UNIX environment * And more! Whatever your expertise level, Sams Teach Yourself UNIX in 10 Minutes will get you up and running with UNIX in time.
- Author BiographySams Teach Yourself Unix in 10 MinutesAbout the Author Robert Shimonski is a well-known networking and security expert consulting out of the Long Island, New York area. Rob has authored over 30 books on information technology that include topics specializing in systems engineering with Unix and Microsoft technologies, as well as networking and security design with Check Point and Cisco technologies. Rob has also deployed state-of-the-art technology in hundreds of companies worldwide-just recently designing and implementing a global MPLS network spanning hundreds of sites. Rob was fortunate to have been able to keep up with his love for Unix by deploying Linux systems and freeware networking and security tools such as Ethereal, NMIS, and MRTG, to name a few. Because of Rob's unique blend of Unix- and Linux-related real world experience, Rob has served as a technical editor and author on countless Unix- and Linux- related articles and books. Rob was also the networking and security expert chosen to help develop and design LinuxWorld Magazine. You can view LinuxWorld Magazine at http://www.linuxworld.com. To learn more about Roberts's book projects, please visit him at http://www.rsnetworks.net. (c) Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
- Author(s)Dave Taylor,Robert Shimonski
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication15/06/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSams Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.56Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.