All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionSamuel Richardson's New Nation focuses on four vels, taking new and varied approaches in analyzing the construct of native English virtue and the role of the domestic sphere within eighteenth-century England. Ewha Chung t only examines Richardson's use of such themes but also links the vels to historical developments that inevitably heightened the sense of English superiority so crucial to the age of imperialism. The powerful influence of Richardson's literary nationalism inspired eighteenth-century readers in England and Europe. This work investigates the phemenal investment in Richardson's characters and demonstrates beyond question the far-reaching impact of his work.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Ewha Chung is Assistant Professor of English Language and Literature at Sungshin University in Seoul, Korea. She received her Ph.D. in English Literature from Northwestern University. In addition to the numerous articles on the eighteenth century in professional journals, she is presently editing and contributing to an anthology of English Literature for Korean students.
- Author(s)Ewha Chung
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 4: English Language and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number187
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight420 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.