All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA celebration of the newest home of one of football s most iconic teams, San Francisco 49ers: From Kezar to Levi s explores the legacy of this legendary franchise. Expert commentary; previously unpublished interviews with former players and team executives; and iconic and never-before-seen images from the 49ers archive present a rich history that sets the stage for the team s move to the new, state-of-the-art Levi s(r) Stadium and its opening day in 2014. The design and construction of Levi s(r) Stadium in Santa Clara, California, were inspired by the team s mission to integrate forward-thinking techlogy and digital invations into a next-generation, eco-friendly football stadium that would be as iconic as the team it hosts. An engineering marvel, Levi s(r) Stadium features an open layout, great views of the action on the field as well as the surrounding Silicon Valley, and invative features such as stadium-wide Wi-Fi capability, mobile connectivity, IPTV, colossal HD video boards measuring over 13,000 square feet, a cutting-edge mobile app offering instant replay and concessions ordering, as well as a team store and museumall designed to maximize the fan experience at the heart of 49ers football and revealed here in compelling detail. Get to kw the story behind the vision and historic construction efforts of Levi s(r) Stadium as you trace the 49ers history from its early beginnings at Kezar and the dynasty of Bill Walsh and Joe Montana at Candlestick to the recent revitalization of the team and their unmatched new home. Containing more than 300 photos, this deluxe volume offers details and insights into the teams, players, and games that have defined the 49ers over nearly seven decades, as well as the new stadium that will carry the franchise into the future. A must-have for any fan, San Francisco 49ers: From Kezar to Levi s offers a front-row seat to football history.
- Author BiographyBrian Murphy is the co-host of the popular Murph and Mac morning radio show on KNBR 680 in San Francisco. Prior to his work as a radio personality Murphy spent seven years as a 49ers beat writer for the Santa Rosa Press Democrat and San Francisco Chronicle. Additionally, he has authored several books, including Never. Say. Die.: The San Francisco Giants2012 World Series Champions; The Last Putt: Two Teams, One Dream, and a Freshman Named Tiger; Worth the Wait; and San Francisco Giants: 50 Years. Jerry Rice is among the most iconic and awarded athletes in NFL history. Of his many record-breaking statistics this wide receiver compiled in his celebrated career, none is more hallowed than his all-time touchdown mark of 208. Rice won three Super Bowls with the 49ers and was MVP in the 49ers Super Bowl XXIII win. Rice was inducted into Canton in 2010, and his jersey No. 80 is retired by the 49ers. He is also the author of Go Long!: My Journey Beyond the Game and the Fame. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area in California. Jed York oversees all aspects of the 49ers in his role as chief executive officer. His bold decisions both on and off the field have been a driving force behind the 49ers recent success and integral to the vision and execution of Levi s Stadium. The grandson of former owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr., and eldest son of team cochairmen Denise DeBartolo York and Dr. John York, Jed York s roots with the 49ers run deep. Born in Youngstown, Ohio, York now lives in the Bay Area in California with his wife, Danielle, and their son, Jaxon.
- Author(s)Brian Murphy
- PublisherInsight Editions
- Date of Publication03/02/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInsight Editions
- Weight2041 g
- Width235 mm
- Height324 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.