Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionSan Francisco Ballet, one of the world's pre-eminent ballet companies, is celebrating its seventy-fifth anniversary. This stunning retrospective, replete with intimate portraits of the dancers, choreographers, the backstage cast and crew, and all the behind-the-scenes contributors, is the first serious depiction of America's oldest ballet company. Also included is a DVD that provides glimpses of the history of the company - its founding and original directors, the Ballet on tour, its most recent directors and the Ballet today - that together with the book tell the story of how San Francisco Ballethas forged a fresh identity for American dance and is w pioneering a new model of internationalism in the dance world.
- Author BiographyJanice Ross, associate professor of dance history at Stanford University, has authored several books. She lives in Atherton, California. Brigitte Lefevre is director of dance for the Paris Opera Ballet. Allan Ulrich is a dance critic and advising senior editor for Dance Magazine. He lives in Oakland, California.
- Author(s)Janice Ross
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication20/05/2008
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content Note140 photos
- Weight1774 g
- Width279 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.