All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationSteve "The Sandman" Abbott returns with his mother, Evelyn, to their ancestral home in Siberia to find out if rumours of an oil strike on family property are true. Part documentary - part travelogue - part Beverly Hillbillies.In 1912 Steve's grandmother left Siberia (with her parents & two siblings), mainly for the well-being of a sick brother. In the process, or as was the custom, her eldest brother was left behind to be picked up at a later date. Due to revolution and war, no one ever returned for him, and a second branch of the Efremoff family began in Australia, a branch racked with feelings of guilt (and a lot of misinformation).In 1998 the Australian chapter of the Efremoff family received a letter from their Siberian counterparts. There had always been a whisper, amongst the Australian Efremoffs, of oil being discovered near or on the ancestral property in Siberia. Naturally the family were thrilled to receive a letter from the past, but for Steve the possibility of oil on their property was hilarious but serious.What if the oil was ours? Now that the Soviet Union is dismantled, maybe the family or someone in the family could claim this oil? Maybe they'd be rich? Maybe the oil is a family myth?Steve and Eve have an Odd Couple relationship. The constant bickering, neither listening to the other, set against the harsh landscape of Siberia, make this an extremely personal exploration of one's cultural roots. Perhaps in deepest, darkest Siberia, surrounded by Efremoffs from both continents, the origins of Steve's perpetually depressed, self obsessed character, 'The Sandman' will be revealed.Can Steve and Eve spend time together? Will Eve stop talking? Will Steve revert to being a morose teenage, again? Will they discover oil? Will they find relatives? If so, will the descendents welcome them? Or will their greedy western ways offend? Will relatives in Australia be offended by their personal spats and revelations? Will Steve overcome his doubts about the project?
- TitleSandman In Siberia
- Product Release Date05/05/2005
- Theatrical Release Year2004
- Number of Discs1
- ActorsSteve "Sandman" Abbott
- DirectorsTed Robinson
- Run Time72 minutes
- Primary GenreSpecial Interest
- Sub GenreDocumentary
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $127.00Trending at AU $156.15
- AU $34.99Trending at AU $66.89
- AU $115.00Trending at AU $126.52
- AU $13.50Trending at AU $18.81
- AU $74.20Trending at AU $79.65
- AU $38.95Trending at AU $44.99
- AU $37.86Trending at AU $61.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.