All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionSandplay in Three Voices provides a unique and engaging understanding of sandplay - a growing modality of psychotherapy. Emerging out of informal conversations among three senior therapists, it examines the essential aspects of sandplay therapy as well as the depth and breadth of the human psyche. The book is organized into eight sections covering eight of the most important topics in sandplay - Therapist, Silence, Child, Mother, Self, Shadow, Chaos, and Numius. Each section begins with a trialogue discussing theory, history and practice of sandplay in that area. The trialogues allow the reader to witness three senior therapists addressing and attempting to understand the many layers of each topic, and reflect their agreements and disagreements as they reveal their individual thoughts on, and personal experiences of, the themes they discuss. Each trialogue is followed by a set of solo presentations in which each author focuses on her contribution, and on the role of each topic in sandplay. Illustrated by original clinical examples, this unique approach addresses issues of concern to analysts and other psychotherapists. Its basic orientation makes it of particular value in the study, practice and teaching of sandplay therapy.
- Author BiographyKay Bradway, PhD, is a founding member of the C.G. Jung Institute of San Francisco and of the International Society of Sandplay Therapy, and co-founder of Sandplay Therapists of America. She is co-author of two books on sandplay. Lucia Chambers, MA, is co-founder and currently educational consultant of Sandplay Therapists of America. She is known for her research on the archetypal feminine and the Black Madonna. Maria Ellen Chiaia, PhD, is a Jungian analyst and a teaching member of the international and national societies of Sandplay Therapy and is currently board chair of the national society in the USA. She is an international lecturer and author of numerous publications.
- Author(s)Kay Bradway,Lucia Chambers,Maria Ellen Chiaia
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.