Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionChris and Sue Herman make a life-altering decision in 2006. When an opportunity comes up for them to move to Lanzarote, the easternmost of the Canary Islands, Chris and Sue leave their work and family routines behind in England to pursue a new way of life. In this witty and warm-hearted memoir, Chris explores how he teams up with his wife to establish a future on this beautiful, quirky island. Chris has been called to pursue a career in the church in Lanzarote, where he'll serve as an assistant pastor. The opportunity is exciting, and their home may appear to be idyllic, but the couple soon discovers the downsides involved with such great change. Cowboy builders, unwanted guests taking advantage of their hospitality, and unreliable employers are just a few of the challenges they face. In time, he finds himself single-handedly leading the church. He must also cope with a disastrous cafe project that tests his laid-back temperament. In spite of the difficulties of this transition, even as finances start to dwindle, Chris and Sue refuse to give up on their dream.
- Author(s)Chris Herman
- Date of Publication30/01/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.