Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionEva Peron entered immortality on 26th July, 1952. The bizarre after-life of her embalmed body - hidden, hijacked, replicated, smuggled abroad, buried, resurrected, repatriated - echoed her equally strange life. From the story of the plain poor-trash girl who reinvented herself to become first the uncrowned queen of Argentina's masses and then their uncanized saint, Tomas Eloy Martinez has created a mesmerizing, highly readable work of fiction.
- Author BiographyTomas Eloy Martinez was born in 1934 in Argentina. His first novel and first book of chronicles were published in Buenos Aires between 1968 and 1973. During the military dictatorship, he lived in exile in Venezuela where he wrote three other books, all of which were republished in Argentina in 1983, in the first months of democracy. Since then he has written The Peron Novel and The Master's Hand, followed by Santa Evita, which became an instant No.1 bestseller when it was published in Argentina. Currently he is the director of Latin American studies at Rutgers University, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Tomas Eloy Martinez
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Weight2834 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.