Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionSara Jameson was called Colored, Negro, Black and African American all in one lifetime. What others thought of her hardly mattered, she knew labels were often designed to confine, define, or malign. Sara chose to determine her own path, setting the large and small moments of life to music. She and her husband Ben, Chicago transplants, raised their children in Berkeley, California living with two wars, social injustice and opportunities beyond their wildest dreams as a backdrop. Why they chose Berkeley is anyone's guess. No doubt their story, when set to music, makes a seductive song.
- Author BiographyTina Jones Williams was born and raised in Berkeley, California. There were six children in her family, three boys and three girls - a perfectly matched set. She attended a neighborhood elementary school where she learned that having fun and getting along with others was the true reason for going to school. She was a member of one of the first desegregated classes at Garfield Junior High and went on to Berkeley High School, the only public school in town. Tina loved being a teen in Berkeley in the late 60s - her group of friends had free reign to walk throughout the city and discover ways to navigate the twists and turns of life. Her first summer job at University of California at Berkeley was in a building just off of Sproul Plaza where, on any given day, she could look outside her window and see students protesting social injustice and police officers attempting to dissuade them. After high school graduation Tina went to Austin to attend the University of Texas, earning a B.A. degree in Business/General & Comparative Studies. There were 50,000 students at UT - 500 were Black. Ironically, Austin is where she made her first White friend, becoming roommates in an apartment off campus. The lure of family brought her back to the Bay Area where she married, settled in Silicon Valley, and had a career in the High Tech Industry. She is still happily married (to the same man) and the mother of two adult children who are the apples of her eye. She is close to her extended family and delights in her friendships. Long ago, she made a promise never to bore herself, so periodically she colors some of her hair blue, fuchsia, or purple so that when she passes a mirror, she smiles at her reflection. She enjoys her own company and loves the way her mind works and entertains herself with her thoughts. For some unknown reason she gets Reese Witherspoon and Forrest Whitaker mixed up and just recently developed the same problem with Cam Newton and Peyton Manning. Tina is a proud and active member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., the oldest African American Sorority with an International group of 260,000 college-educated women committed to a lifetime of service to ALL mankind. Tina is hopeful that you enjoy reading her books as much as she enjoys writing them. Books by the author, Sara's Song and Some Things I Want You to Know.
- Author(s)Tina Jones Williams
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.