All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.26Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
About this product
- DescriptionDivided into three sections, these stories introduce us to the multifaceted challenges faced when Indian Americans are divided between cultures.
It begins with the immigration experience where Chandra contrasts the adversity faced by individuals who have well-established lives with those who have just arrived. The second section is set in rural India, where techlogy and wealth clash with agriculture and poverty. In the final section newcomers who don't feel they fit into mainstream America return to their native lands to suddenly discover similar feelings of estrangement.
In exploring the meaning of place, he brings to the forefront how home can be lost forever.
- Author(s)G.S.Sharat Chandra
- PublisherCoffee House Press
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCoffee House Press
- Weight313 g
- Width140 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine18 mm