All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn our present world of give me or I want more and bigger stuff, doesn't really fit with Jeanne's Use it up, wear it out; fix it up or do without philosophy of frugality. Five years ago, when her daughter asked if she would knit some clothes for her girls' 18-inch dolls, Jeanne agreed readily, but the few patterns she found didn't meet her requirements. So she decided to design her own. As you will find, Jeanne's philosophy of frugality has carried over to low-cost knitting obsession. The projects in this book use Caron Simply Soft Light, which is an inexpensive acrylic yarn that drapes attractively, giving beautiful results without a high price tag. The patterns knit up quickly, require a minimal number of same-size tools, and have few seams, thus saving time as well as money. Each outfit comes complete from head to toe with tops, bottoms, headbands, bags, shoes and socks. Clever accessories include 'Ugg' inspired boots for the hiker and apres ski faux fur boots for the sw bunny. There are few closures to challenge small fingers, and knitters get the satisfaction of creating a unique garment that is attractive yet durable, serviceable and sure to please a small loved one.
- Author BiographyAlthough a lifelong knitting, this is Jeanne's first book. Her four children have long since left home to raise families of their own. She live in western Wisconsin with her husband of 53 year and their canine friend, Lotsa Moola. When not knitting, she enjoys gardening, acting in community theater and supporting the local public library.
- Author(s)Jeanne Kussrow-Larsen
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour throughout
- Weight181 g
- Width218 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.