Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $8.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in Trinidad and Canada in the 1950s, this moving and tender love story evokes a memorable portrayal of a brave young woman's struggle between the traditional, collective Hindu society of her parents and her generation's world of individual destiny and responsibility. The village pundit warns Sastra's mother that her daughter's birth signs foretell two possible karmas: one of prosperous security if she keeps to the well-tried path of obedience to tradition, the other of mixed joy and misery if she should attempt to fly and follow her own desires. As Sastra finds herself faced with choosing between these two destinies, the vel explores the interaction between accidents and human responsibility, convention and change, and the problematic workings of fate.
- Author BiographyLakshmi Persaud is the author of Butterfly in the Wind, For the Love of My Name, and Raise the Lanterns High.
- Author(s)Lakshmi Persaud
- PublisherPeepal Tree Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/1993
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationYorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeepal Tree Press Ltd
- Weight313 g
- Width136 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.