All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSatan in the Dance Hall explores the overwhelming popularity of social dancing in the 1920s, examining its close relationship to America's rapidly changing society. The book also focuses on the fierce debate led by moral reformers and religious leaders such as Rev. John Roach Straton over the morality of social dancing in the more than 750 public dance halls in New York City.
- Author BiographyRalph G. Giordano is the author of Social Dancing in America, Volume 1 (2006) and Volume 2 (2007).
- Author(s)Ralph G. Giordano
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication23/10/2008
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.