All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn Interregional Expert Meeting on the Use of Satellite Imaging RADAR and Thematic Mapping in Natural Resources Development, organized by the Ecomic and Social Develop- ment Center of the German Foundation for International Development - DSE - in co-operation with the United Nations Department of Technical Co-operation for Develop- ment - DTCD - was held in Berlin (West) from 21 November to 4 December 1984. As a result of this meeting, the participants made the following recommendations: A. REMOTE SENSING SYSTEMS AND AVAILABILITY OF DATA 1. Acquisition Platforms and their Continuity The participants expressed concern over the insecurity which clouds the future of orbital remote sensing platforms - the U. S. Landsat series should be continued, if at all possible. The planned initial ten-year operational lifetime of SPOT is en- couraging and received support. ESA/ERS 1, Japanl J-ERS 1 and Canada's RADARSAT programmes should be given full imple- mentation commitment, as soon as possible, and plans should be developed for system continuity. The participants ted that development of national and regional remote sensing programmes in developing nations, and establishment and upgrading of appropriate ground receiving stations for these systems depends critically on the prospect of platform continuity. vii SATELLITE REMOTE SENSING FOR RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT 2. Future Developments (a) Future developments in microwave remote sensing from space should be encouraged so as to circumvent, among others, the problem of cloud cover and to facilitate extension of application areas.
- Author(s)United Nations Staff College
- Date of Publication07/03/2012
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight367 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1986
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.