All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers the reader the keys for a successful understanding, integration and usage of satellite systems in addition to next generation terrestrial networks. The DVB-S2/RCS system is used to illustrate the integration challenges. The presentation uses a system approach, i.e. it tackles the terrestrial and satellite telecommunication systems complexity with a high level approach, focusing on the systems components and on their interactions. Several scenarios present the different paths that can be followed for the integration of satellite systems in terrestrial networks. Quality of Service management techniques in terrestrial and satellite systems and the solutions to help them to interoperate are provided. Inter-system mobility solutions and performance problems are then addressed. The solutions proposed in this book have been developed within the framework of European and French funded research projects and tested with simulated or real testbeds.
- Author BiographyPascal Berthou is associate professor at the Toulouse University of Sciencea and a researcher at Laboratory for the Analysis and the Architecture of Systems of the French National Center for Scientific Research (LAAS-CNRS), Toulouse, France.
- Author(s)Cedric Baudoin,Matthieu Gineste,Michel Diaz,Pascal Berthou,Thierry Gayraud
- PublisherISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width158 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.