All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe Satipatthana Sutta is the Buddha s single most important discourse describing the practice of meditation. Here for the first time is the condensed version of the daily evening discourse given by the author to his students on a seven day retreat. This text can serve as a review after taking a course or for scholars as a further study of the sutta. The book is also a great tool to help meditators practice and as S.N. Goenka said, Liberation can only be gained by practice, never by mere discussion. Included is a list of abbreviations, a glossary, and an English translation of Pali passages.
- Author BiographyS.N. Goenka was a renowned teacher of Vipassana in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin. He taught tens of thousands of people in more than 300 courses in India and around the world. The technique that he taught represented a tradition that is traced back to the Buddha.
- Author(s)S N Goenka
- PublisherPariyatti Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPariyatti Press
- Weight136 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.