All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSatori in Japanese means to be awakened, to understand, to be enlightened. In Zen Buddhism Satori means a sudden flash of insight that this world of apparently separate forms is actually an illusion. The experience is filled with the most intense joy. Satori is qualitatively similar to the enlightenment or awakening that other esoteric traditions describe. In Psychology it has been called peak experience and flow. But the label we put on the experience does t matter. What matters is learning how to have the experience and allowing it to enrich and transform your life. As you will discover, we are all born with the potential to experience Satori. While you cant order Satori on demand, you can arrange your life and your thinking so that the experience is made likely. Then it will occur and keep occurring spontaneously as you move towards the fulfillment of your fullest potential as a human being. Satori Now: Awakening Your Highest Self is for anyone seeking a richer, deeper experience of life in the 21st Century. The ideas are expressed in Zen Buddhist terms, but the principles that underlie it are universal. It respects all belief systems, so it should t conflict with anyone's existing beliefs.
- Author BiographyDavid Tuffley combines a career as a university lecturer and researcher with his very personal search for spiritual enlightenment over the past 40 years. Satori Now is the fruit of that journey. David's academic interests range across Comparative Religion, Philosophy, Psychology, Anthropology, Literature, History, Software Engineering and Architecture. He blends his broad academic knowledge with the ancient practice of Buddhism and Taoism to create a truly unique work of timeless value.
- Author(s)Dr David John Tuffley
- Date of Publication13/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.