CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionSatoshi Kon makes an art of Japanese anime. -Rolling Stone The head-spinning anime fantasy Paprika (2006) introduced new viewers to one of Japan's most visionary directors. Satoshi Kon crashed onto the world scene in 1997 with his smart slasher-thriller Perfect Blue. His subsequent films range from the silver-screen romance of Millennium Actress (2001) to the socially conscious comedy Tokyo Godfathers (2003) and the surreally satirical TV series Paraia Agent (2004). This book provides a comprehensive introduction to the work and vision of Satoshi Kon, with background and analysis of the key reality-warping films by anime's premier illusionist. This timely new collection follows the 2007 US release of Kon's latest film, Paprika, which was met with an enthusiastic welcome from his fans. For many, Paprika was a first introduction to Kon's work; other fans have been following his career avidly from its early days. Satoshi Kon: The Illusionist will satisfy newcomers and long-term fans alike. Andrew Osmond is a British freelance film reviewer and journalist who was part of the Akira generation of anime fans. He has been writing about cartoons and anime for ten years and has interviewed numerous anime professionals, including Satoshi Kon. His articles and reviews have appeared in Animerica, Total Anime, Neo, Manga Max, SFX, Sight and Sound, Empire, and many other magazines.
- Author BiographyAndrew Osmond is a British freelance film reviewer and journalist who was one of the Akira generation of anime fans. He has been writing about cartoons and anime for ten years, and has interviewed numerous anime professionals, including Satoshi Kon. His articles and reviews have appeared in Animerica, Total Anime, Neo, Manga Max, SFX, Sight and Sound, Empire and more.
- Author(s)Andrew Osmond
- PublisherStone Bridge Press
- Date of Publication20/01/2010
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBerkeley CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStone Bridge Press
- Out-of-print date12/01/2017
- Content Note60 color photographs and illustrations
- Weight314 g
- Width180 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.