All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe origin and essence of the Western mime are examined in the first part of the book. Traceable to the masked roleplaying of Greek theatre, many of the sacred functions of mime in early rituals were carried into later secular performances. The second part looks at pantomime, from the shamans to modern theatrical performers such as Deburau and Marceau.
- Author BiographyKathryn Wylie is an associate professor in the Department of Communication and Theatre Arts at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York.
- Author(s)Kathryn Wylie
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.