All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWobbling one's coffee cup to indicate satisfaction, purposefully excluding any idiomatic reference to shoes, and taking care to handle food with only the first three fingers. These are t bizarre eccentricities, but rather important existing social customs and conventions in Saudi. This handbook, aims to close cultural divides between Western and Saudi customs. It covers everything a visitor in Saudi may need in order to survive and impress in social situations. From explanations of gift-giving conventions, to a layout of the lunar-governed Muslim calendar, the reader is guided through the conventions and intricacies of life in Saudi. A glossary of terms and a selection of Arabic proverbs, blessings, expressions and sayings, is interspersed between facts about the legal framework of Islam, advice on business conventions and attitudes in Saudi, and explanations of procedures for customary Saudi marriages is also included. Specifically designed for those visiting the region on pleasure or business, this book should also appeal to anyone interested in Saudi culture, its people and their customs.
- Author(s)Kathy Cuddihy
- PublisherStacey International
- Date of Publication28/11/2002
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintStacey International
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight263 g
- Width140 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kitty Carruthers,Samantha Crooks
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.