All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSaul Leiter has only in recent years been ackwledged as one of the great pioneers of colour photography. Like Robert Frank of Helen Levitt, he found his motifs on the streets of New York, but at the same time was visibly interested in abstraction. This collection, published to mark the first major retrospective of Leiter's work, features for the first time, in addition to his early black and white and colour images, his fashion photography, the overpainted nudes, as well as his paintings and sketchbooks.
- Author BiographyBrigitte Woischnik is owner of the agency Foto Factory in Munich, Germany. She has co-curated important photo exhibitions like Lillian Bassman and Paul Himmel for the Museum Deichtorhallen Hamburg, Germany. Ingo Taubhorn is photographer and since 2006 curator at the House of Photography at Museum Deichtorhallen Hamburg, Germany. Saul Leiter (born 1923 in Pittsburg, PA) is an American photographer and painter whose early work in the 1940s and 1950s was an important contribution to what came to be recognized as The New York School of photographers. Vince Aletti (born 1945) is an American music journalist and photography critic. He was the art editor of the Village Voice from 1994 to 2005 and the paper's photo critic for twenty years. Today he reviews photography exhibitions for The New Yorker's Goings on About Town section. Adam Harrison Levy is a writer and freelance documentary film producer and director. For the past 15 years, he has worked on a wide range of historical and arts films, primarily for the BBC. He teaches at the School of Visual Arts in New York.
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication12/07/2012
- Place of PublicationHeidelberg
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Note140
- Weight1347 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byBrigitte Woischnik,Ingo Taubhorn
- Photographer(s)Saul Leiter
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.