All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA memoir of fifty days on the Cami de Santiago and the aftermath in the life of the author. This is t a travelogue. Rather, it is a memoir of thoughts, feelings, and experiences while making a spiritual pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. The author walked from Montserrat, near Barcelona, to Finisterre, experiencing solitude for the first part of the walk along the Catalan route of the Cami, then in the company of fellow pilgrims after joining the more familiar French route. This is a story of walking, experiencing, feeling, being. Along the way the author rambles on about beer, Debussy, Prozac, ecomics, and other sundry topics that tend to waft through the brain while walking 850 miles across Northern Spain.
- Author BiographyDeMar Southard was born in California somewhere around the middle of the 20th Century. He's lived in nine states and two foreign countries, has earned degrees in music and business, and made a living during the first half of his life (if he lives to be 112) as a systems analyst, trainer, application programmer, and project manager. He now makes a life as an author, editor, English teacher, and professional pilgrim.
- Author(s)Demar Southard
- PublisherDemar Southard
- Date of Publication04/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemar Southard
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $24.55Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $13.15Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.53
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.