Saved by Gracie: How a Rough-and-Tumble Rescue Dog Dragged Me Back to Health, Happiness and God by Janice Dunlap (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere But for the Grace of Dog Go I ...Author Jan Dunlap was suffering increasingly severe bouts of anxiety after a medical misdiagsis slapped her in the face with an acute realization of the tenuous nature of human life. A degreed theologian, Jan found her personal faith in God and His promises severely shaken and her enthusiasm for life being replaced by growing fear and debilitating insecurity. Then a rescue-shelter black lab-mix by the name of Gracie came into her life as her daughter's new pet, and Jan determined to do whatever it took to provide both her daughter and the dog with the sense of security she herself longer felt. She quickly discovered, however, that Gracie had her own agenda, and it was all dog. From chasing squirrels to jumping fences to the occasional roll in dead fish, Gracie taught Jan that life is for living, t dreading. As she began to realize that Gracie was helping her manage her anxiety, Jan also came to a new awareness of how a loving God provides healing through His own works of creation. Part memoir and part medical exploration of the truly healing gifts that God freely offers us through our interaction with animals and nature, Saved by Gracie is a story of God's redeeming love revealed at the paws of a dog.
- Author BiographyJan Dunlap is the author of the humorous Bob White Birder Murder Mysteries (all five of which have been nominated for the annual Minnesota Book Awards) that follow the adventures of a really nice guy who finds dead bodies when he's out birding. A degreed theologian (she has a masters degree in Theology from the University of St. Catherine in St. Paul, Minn.), Jan has written extensively for national Christian magazines for almost 15 years, and teaches English online as an adjunct for New Mexico State University (thanks to a masters degree in English Studies from Minnesota State University-Mankato). She is the mother of five children and lives in Chaska, Minnesota, with her husband Tom, her daughter Colleen, and (or course) their dog Gracie.
- Author(s)Janice Dunlap
- PublisherAuthentic Media
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuthentic Media
- Weight226 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.