All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs the European crisis over? By means, according to ecomist and journalist Carlo Bastasin, In fact, the problems that developed between 2008 and 2011 - described in the first edition of Saving Europe - have grown worse. Instead of coming together, the states, ecomies, and citizens of the eurozone countries have been moving away from each other. Below the surface, distrust and resentment are eroding the foundation of history's most ambitious political project in shared sovereignty. The fate of the euro hangs like the Sword of Damocles over the global ecomy. Carlo Bastasin paints a unique, gripping picture of the events, people, and ideas behind the scenes of the European crisis. From the historic roots to the most recent developments., the author unveils an engrossing chronicle of high drama and individual personalities on the world stage, including presidents, prime ministers and central bankers. Saving Europe is the definitive book about the financial crisis - and the history as well as the future of Europe's ecomic and political union.
- Author BiographyCarlo Bastasin , a journalist and an economist, is a visiting fellow in Foreign Policy and Global Economy and Development at the Brookings Institution. A leading commentator for the Italian daily Il Sole 24 Ore , he is also a senior fellow at the School of European Political Economy at Luiss University in Rome, Italy. He was a visiting fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics in 2009-10.
- Author(s)Carlo Bastasin
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookings Institution
- Weight966 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew updated and expanded ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.