All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBee populations worldwide have been declining and many people are t aware of the bees' importance in the ecosystem and how their disappearance would affect our food supply. In this book for children of elementary school age, the author brings the message of the bees with stunning, original photographs and simple text to explain what the bees do, how they are endangered, and how we can help them. The print is large and the text accessible to competent elementary school readers; definitions of words that might be new are integrated into the text. There is a limited number of sentences on each page, so that children can enjoy the pictures and either read the book themselves, with help, or have the book read to them, depending on their age and reading ability. A section for parents and teachers at the end of the book provides useful information on possible causes of declining bee numbers and steps that can be taken at an individual and local level. There are also ideas for projects and suggestions on which plants to grow to attract bees to your back yard. This book is part of the Nature On Our Doorstep series. Nature On Our Doorstep books are designed for children of elementary school age, but the real-life photos and attention to detail will make them attractive to people of all ages. Young children and their parents and grandparents will have fun learning about nature in all its wonder and it is the author's hope that they will be inspired to learn more about life in their back yard and to actively encourage it.
- Author BiographyAnnette Meredith is a master gardener, photographer and lifelong student of nature who is passionate about environmental issues and conservation. She was born in England but now lives in North Carolina, where she enjoys encouraging, observing and photographing nature as she works to improve sixty acres of woodland, meadows and organic gardens.
- Author(s)Annette Meredith
- Date of Publication02/12/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleNature on Our Doorstep Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notefull colour illustrations each page
- Weight91 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Annette Meredith
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.