All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the world's leading geneticists, Bryan Sykes has helped thousands find their ancestry in the British Isles. Saxons, Vikings, and Celts, which resulted from a systematic ten-year DNA survey of more than 10,000 volunteers, traces the true genetic makeup of the British Isles and its descendants, taking readers from the Pontnewydd cave in North Wales to the resting place of the Red Lady of Paviland and the tomb of King Arthur. This illuminating guide provides a much-needed introduction to the genetic history of the people of the British Isles and their descendants throughout the world.
- Author BiographyBryan Sykes, professor of human genetics at Oxford University, pioneered the use of DNA in exploring the human past. He is also the founder and chairman of Oxford Ancestors (oxfordancestors.com), which helps individuals explore their genetic roots using DNA. He is the author of Saxons, Vikings, and Celts; The Seven Daughters of Eve, a New York Times bestseller; and Adam's Curse.
- Author(s)Brian Sykes
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight280 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.