All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the success of the path-breaking Say It Plain (New Press, 2007), which documented the great tradition of African American political speech, this new edition adds depth to the oral and audio history of the modern struggle for racial equality. Focusing directly on the pivotal questions black America has grappled with over the past three decades, this essential document features recordings and transcripts from the speeches of Malcolm X, Fred Hampton, Angela Davis, Bayard Rustin, Cornel West and Toni Morrison.
- Author BiographyCatherine Ellis is a consulting producer for American RadioWorks(R), the documentary unit of American Public Media. She holds a PhD in anthropology from Columbia University.Stephen Drury Smith is the executive editor of American RadioWorks(R) and was the winner of broadcast journalism's most prestigious honor, the 1999-2000 DuPont-Columbia University Gold Baton.
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication11/08/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Weight603 g
- Width164 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byCat Ellis,Catherine Ellis,Stephen Drury Smith
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.