All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRockets and spacecraft were among the very first models made as commercial kits, and although never as numerous as aircraft, ships or road vehicles, the many kits produced over the years provide a fascinating niche in the world of model-making. The build-ups in this book reflect the current situation with spacecraft modelling; although there are still a number of conventional all-plastic kits available, there is also a growing range that uses more specialist materials, especially resins. The book explains the various techniques required when dealing with these n-traditional materials. Scale Spacecraft Modelling also covers scratch building and adaptation, the techniques needed to make those pristine models really dirty to match the ones you see in the movies, and the design and construction of realist dioramas and settings. The books includes detailed step-by-step guides to: the basic tool box; glues and cements; spacecraft from scratch; assembling that bits and pieces box; To Mars - with cocoa! make your own decals; fact meets Science Fiction; vac-forming parts; building multi-material kits; miniature photography.
- Author BiographyMat Irvine has been building spacecraft in miniature for many years, both as a hobby and for television.
- Author(s)Matt Irvine
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication25/08/2006
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note350 colour photographs
- Weight576 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.