All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are a lover of classical music, then you should put your skills to the test by learning the different scales, chords and arpeggios for the Puerto Rican Cuatro. Challenge you musical limits with these intricacies of Cuatro playing. Authored by ted Cuatro player Samuel Ramos, this book covers a plethora of topics on scales, chords and arpeggios for the Cuatro. The book clearly illustrates the scales and their positions as well the chords in their particular groups. Arpeggios have been explained well in the book. The entire book has been written in two languages, English and Spanish. So if you're comfortable with Spanish, you can go ahead and learn all about arpeggios in Spanish, giving you the freedom and the opportunity to learn and grasp every little tidbit of information. Since arpeggios are lesser kwn to the current crop of vice musicians, this book brings them into the spotlight and highlights the key factors in training musicians to play them beautifully. They are also the standard requirement for musical examinations and grades. Upgrade your kwledge of music by adding the study of arpeggios to your repertoire. The book opens with some very interesting guidelines on how to practice scales. From then on, a musically enriched journey begins! From major and mir scales, seventh and diminished arpeggios and the chromatic scales, Samuel Ramos explains each topic in great detail. All topics have been written in the standard tation and tablature (TAB) format. Features: Clear and concise writing Covers major and mir scales & major and mir chords Instructs on seventh and diminished arpeggios Written in tation and tablature(TAB) format Comes with a set of guidelines to follow while practicing scales Bilingual - English and Spanish Good resource material for those who need to give music tests Enhance your kwledge of classical music and its intricacies by investing in this book. There's loads to learn from this amazing collection picked out from Samuel Ramos' extensive list of publications. When help comes from such a kwledgeable source, it will do us good to delve into it with heart and soul!
- Author BiographySamuel Ramos, born in Lajas, Puerto Rico, started playing the guitar with his father at the age of 12. At the age of 15, he discovered the cuatro and began taking lessons with Norton Torres. As a high school student, he joined the school's rondalla (an instrumental group) playing both guitar and cuatro. Samuel holds a BA in music education from Antillean Adventist University in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, with a major in classical guitar. He studied under the tutelage of Dr. Jacques Landre. In 1999, he recorded his first instrumental CD for solo guitar, Meditando en la Cruz (Meditating on the Cross), He joined the faculty of the Juan Morel Campos Performing Arts School in Ponce, as a strings instructor. He later became an assistant professor of guitar at the Inter-American University of San German, Puerto Rico. He also served as a public school music teacher for 6 years in Lajas, Puerto Rico Samuel resides in Winter Haven, Florida with his wife Brenda and two sons, and currently teaches elementary music for the Polk County School of Florida.
- Author(s)Samuel Ramos
- Date of Publication27/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.