Scaling Up Excellence: Getting to More Without Settling for Less by Huggy Rao, Robert I Sutton (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.46Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmazon Best Books of the Year list, Business & Investing Inc.com 10 Best Business Books of 2014Financial Times - The Pick of 2014's Management Books The Globe & Mail s list of 5 Best Business Books in 2014 Library Journal s list of 5 Best Business Books in 2014 In Scaling Up Excellence, bestselling author Robert Sutton and Stanford colleague Huggy Rao tackle a challenge that determines every organization s success: scaling up farther, faster, and more effectively as a program or an organization creates a larger footprint. Sutton and Rao have devoted much of the last decade to uncovering what it takes to build and uncover pockets of exemplary performance, to help spread them, and to keep recharging organizations with ever better work practices. Drawing on inside accounts and case studies and academic research from a wealth of industries including start-ups, pharmaceuticals, airlines, retail, financial services, high-tech, education, n-profits, government, and healthcare -- Sutton and Rao identify the key scaling challenges that confront every organization. They tackle the difficult trade-offs that organizations must make between Buddhism versus Catholicism -- whether to encourage individualized approaches tailored to local needs or to replicate the same practices and customs as an organization or program expands. They reveal how the best leaders and teams develop, spread, and instill the right mindsets in their people -- rather than ruining or watering down the very things that have fueled successful growth in the past. They unpack the principles that help to cascade excellence throughout an organization, as well as show how to eliminate destructive beliefs and behaviors that will hold them back. Scaling Up Excellence is the first major business book devoted to this universal and vexing challenge. It is destined to become the standard bearer in the field.
- Author BiographyRobert I. Sutton is professor of management science and engineering at Stanford University, where he is co-founder of the Center for Work Technology and Organizations, Stanford Technology Ventures Program, and Institute of Design ( the d.school ). Sutton was named as one of 10 B-School All-Stars by BusinessWeek, which they described as professors who are influencing contemporary business thinking far beyond academia. His books include The Knowing-Doing Gap (with Jeffrey Pfeffer), Weird Ideas the Work, and two New York Times bestsellers, The No Asshole Rule and Good Boss, Bad Boss. Huggy Rao is the Atholl McBean Professor of Organizational Behavior, Stanford University, where he studies the social and cultural causes of organizational change. His honors include the W. Richard Scott Distinguished Award for Scholarship from the American Sociological Association and Sidney Levy Teaching Award from the Kellogg School of Management. He is the author of Market Rebels: How Activists Make or Break Radical Innovation, Which Intel s Andy Grove praised for providing shrewd analysis and an aha moment.
- Author(s)Huggy Rao,Robert I Sutton
- PublisherCrown Business
- Date of Publication04/02/2014
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrown Business
- Weight476 g
- Width145 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.