All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book of its kind - explicitly considering uncertainty and error analysis as an integral part of scaling. The book draws together a series of important case studies to provide a comprehensive review and synthesis of the most recent concepts, theories and methods in scaling and uncertainty analysis. It includes case studies illustrating how scaling and uncertainty analysis are being conducted in ecology and environmental science.
- Author BiographyDr. Jianguo (Jingle) Wu is Professor of Ecology, Evolution, and Environmental Science, School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona. He obtained his Ph.D. in Ecology from Miami University, Oxford, OH in 1991, and was an NSF postdoctoral fellow at Cornell University and Princeton University between 1991 and1993. Dr. Wu's research areas include landscape ecology, urban ecology, and sustainability science. His recent research has focused on urban landscape analysis and modeling, biodiversity and ecosystem functioning, and spatial scaling. He is author of over 120 journal papers and book chapters, and has been Program Chair of the US Association of Landscape Ecology (US-IALE), Councilor-at-Large of US-IALE, and Chair of Asian Ecology Section of Ecological Society of America. Dr. Wu is currently the Editor-in-Chief of the international journal, Landscape Ecology. Bruce Jones is a Landscape Ecologist in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Laboratory in Las Vegas, Nevada. His research interests include landscape ecology, biogeography, molecular evolution, and herpetology. Harbin Li is a Research Ecologist with USDA Forest Service. His research interests include spatial modeling and analysis of landscapes, effects of forest fragmentation on wildlife habitat, and decision support tools for ecosystem management. Orie L. Louck has been Ohio Eminent Scholar in Applied Ecosystem Studies and Professor of Zoology at Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, and currently President of ICValue Inc. His interests concern carbon and nutrient processing of forest ecosystems and the role of biological diversity in sustaining these processes.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication20/03/2006
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight698 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byHarbin Li,Jianguo Wu,K. Bruce Jones,Orie L. Loucks
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.