All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the detailed life stories of nine women academics in business faculties throughout North America. Three are in their early careers, three are facing tenure, and three are recognized leaders in their field. Each of the authors presents her story as a set of choices and reveals the alternatives and the decision making process. Many choices are a trade-off between different roles; teacher versus researcher, wife/mother versus professional, researcher versus administrator. Insights are developed and shared with the reader. The women academics in this book represent a wide variety of disciplines, ages, ethnicity, and family makeup. Their paths and insights are different, but their choices are similar, and recurring themes emerge. These are explored by the editors as they tie the stories together and interpret the individual tales. Through reading this book, graduate students and professors alike can get a glimpse into other's struggles and triumphs. They should emerge with specific strategies and a clear idea of the choices that lie ahead. Laypeople who always wondered what academics did with all their free time will get a glimpse into the diversity of responsibilities and opportunities that this profession entails.
- Author BiographyDIANNE CYR is an adjunct professor in the Faculty of Business Administration at Simon Fraser University. She is the president of Global Alliance Management and is the author of The Human Resource Challenge of International Joint Ventures (Quorum Books, 1995). BLAIZE HORNER REICH is Assistant Professor of Business Administration at Simon Fraser University. Her research focuses on information technology strategy and organizational learning. As a management consultant, she specializes in facilitation and strategic planning.
- Author(s)Blaize Horner Reich,Dianne J. Cyr
- Date of Publication17/07/1996
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight316 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.