All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis engaging story tells how the possum got its scaly tail and the echidna got its spikes. Passed down from generation to generation, this is a traditional dreamtime story that features two iconic Australian animals: the scaly-tailed possum, found only in a remote part of the Kimberley, and the echidna, one of Australia's most unusual mammals. Vividly illustrated with paintings on silk, it includes detailed descriptions and photographs. It also tells of the Wandjina, the Creator and Great Spirit, an important part of Aboriginal dreamtime stories from the Kimberley.
- Author BiographyCathy Goonack is a descendant of the Wunambul people and part of the Kandiwal tribe from Ngauwudu land.
- Author(s)Cathy Goonack
- PublisherMagabala Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationBroome, WA
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMagabala Books
- Content Notecolour ill.
- Weight77 g
- Width182 mm
- Height158 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $43.81
- AU $31.95Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.