All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe goal of this book is to provide a general overview of the rapidly developing field of vel scanning probe microscopy (SPM) techniques for characterization of a wide range of functional materials, including complex oxides, biopolymers, and semiconductors. Many recent advances in condensed matter physics and materials science, including transport mechanisms in carbon nastructures and the role of disorder on high temperature superconductivity, would have been impossible without SPM. The unique aspect of SPM is its potential for imaging functional properties of materials as opposed to structural characterization by electron microscopy. Examples include electrical transport and magnetic, optical, and electromechanical properties. By bringing together critical reviews by leading researchers on the application of SPM to the nascale characterization of functional materials properties, this book provides insight into fundamental and techlogical advances and future trends in key areas of nascience and natechlogy.
- Author BiographySergei Kalinin is a researcher at Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Alexei Gruverman is an associate professor at University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Author(s)Alexei Gruverman,Sergei V. Kalinin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication10/12/2010
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note58 black & white illustrations, 219 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight872 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.