Scaredies Away! a Kid's Guide to Overcoming Worry and Anxiety (Made Simple) by Stacy Fiorile, Barry MC Donagh (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.18Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description''This wonderful book is a must for all parents to help their children to rmalize the symptoms of anxiety. What a gift to give to our children. Dr. Harry Barry (MD, author and mental health advocate) Scaredies Away: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming Worry & Anxiety (made simple) is a breath of fresh air and a sigh of relief for confused parents who are overwhelmed by the complicated books out there that are dull, boring and very confusing. This engaging & interactive self-help book will finally provide you and your child the relief you have been looking for. The ONE technique (instead of 20 outdated techniques!) found only in Scaredies Away is a cognitive-behavioral technique most often used to treat anxiety. Scaredies Away truly has it all-a fun-filled fiction story with brilliant colorfull illustrations to keep your child engaged- t bored, a phemenal parent information and guidance section which is an integral part of the book, a colorful and fun goal sheet and a FREE code to download the book on audio for a soothing evening listen or read along! The reviews are in. KIDS and PARENTS LOVE this book! Scaredies Away is written by a Nationally Certified School Psychologist and world rewned anxiety expert who speaks globally on anxiety. Why haven't you heard of this book? It's simple--because Scaredies Away is a self-published book and does t have the advertising budget that the big publishers have. The authors insisted on delivering Scaredies Away in a fun and entertaining way so that your kids would actually want to read the book thereby getting the help they need. The publishers would t publish this book as fiction/self-help book. They wanted ather dry and boring self-help book. But as a previous teacher, therapist, and school psychologist this author and mother of two knew better. She knew kids learned better when they were entertained, when the content was put in simple terms and when the material was developmentally appropriate. The first week of launch Scaredies Away hit the #1 spot in its category on Amazon and has since received numerous five star reviews. Those dry how-to manuals are a dime a dozen. That's what is different about this book-the kids LOVE it. Scaredies Away is such a very special and uniquely crafted book. It has become many children's favorite bedtime book even when they are t anxious. While it was important for the authors to make sure your kids would be entertained -as parents too-they knew their primary goal was to help you help your child find comfort, hope and the freedom to just be a kid again. They kw you just want your child to be OK again. They get it. They've been there too. This book was crafted with you and your child in mind- t the criteria of the big publishers. Sypsis: Eight-year-old Jack is scared...of the dark...of swimming in the ocean...and of riding the biggest roller coaster on the boardwalk. Jack usually runs away from what scares him. Most people do! But w that his cousin Clay has taught him how to overcome his fears all on his own, Jack is ready to take on the world! And with the Magic Finger Countdown, you will be too! Scaredies Away demonstrates a simple and effective technique called the Magic Finger Countdown which is rooted in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. The technique is used for conquering fear in almost any situation-from staying in a big kid bed at night, to imaginary monsters in the closet, to talking in front of a group. Children do t have to live with debilitating fear and anxiety. Behavior can be changed, and anxiety can be transformed into a sense of personal power. Read this book with your children or students, explore the Afterword for tips on implementing the technique, and encourage children to try the Magic Finger Countdown in any situation where they feel afraid. Give your child the comfort and the freedom to just be a kid again. Cataloging data available
- Author BiographyStacy Fiorile is a Nationally Certified School Psychologist with her Masters in Counseling and Continued Advanced Graduate Study. Stacy is a graduate from Montclair State University and Georgian Court University. She has studied anxiety and panic for the past fifteen years, has worked as a teacher, therapist and school psychologist and has worked with children ages Pre-K--High School. She is committed to improving the lives of children in the area of good mental health through her writing and work as a School Psychologist. Barry McDonagh is a psychology graduate and creator of the well known and very successful program Panic Away. The program has been purchased by more than 70,000 people worldwide and has been featured on TV and radio across America. To view endorsements and testimonials for the Panic Away program and for more on Barry's latest work go to www.panicaway.com For more on Stacy and her work to date, visit www.panicaway.com/kids
- Author(s)Barry MC Donagh,Stacy Fiorile
- PublisherBmd Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBmd Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.