All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Scattering of Daisies : beginning the wonderful, heartwarming story of the Rising family. Will Rising had dragged himself from humble beginnings to his own small tailoring business in Gloucester - and on the way he'd fallen violently in love with Florence, refined, delicate, and wanting something better for her children. March was the eldest girl, the least loved, the plain, unattractive one who, as the family grew, became more and more the household drudge. But March, a strange, intelligent, unhappy child, had inherited some of her mother's dreams. March Rising was determined to break out of the round of poverty and hard work, to find wealth, and love, and happiness. Daffodils of Newent : they were called the Daffodil Girls, spirited and bright, enduring, loving and dancing their way through the gay and desperate twenties. April, who married the tortured and sexually suspect David Daker, convinced she could blot out his memories of the trenches. May, pregnant by her handsome music-hall star husband, who refused to settle down and become a family man. March, loved and betrayed by the man who had fathered her child, and who still wanted her, in spite of everything.
- Author BiographySusan Sallis is the author of over twenty bestelling novels, many of them set in the West Country. She was born in Gloucestershire and now lives in Somerset with her family.
- Author(s)Susan Sallis
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2012
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Weight3700 g
- Width106 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.40Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.