All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionWow! What a book! The tradition of women's writing that flows out of the work of Symborska and Anna Swir--the way this mighty tradition turns in the hands of a younger generation from the traumatic history of their country to a poetics of everyday life, of play, and experiment. An absolutely rich and appealing book. --Robert Hass These cosmopolitan, multilingual poets speak to us across the decades, overcoming a great silence, redirecting the myths, reimagining the role of the poet, and the nature of poetry itself. Scattering the Dark is a useful, subversive, even necessary anthology. --Edward Hirsch Scattering the Dark offers a lively selection of over thirty of Poland's women poets writing before and after the fall of communism. Karen Kovacik is a translator and poet.
- Author BiographyKaren Kovacik: Karen Kovacik directs the creative writing program at Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis. She's currently editing an anthology of Polish women poets, Calling Out to Yeti. Also a poet, she's the author of three collections of poems.
- PublisherWhite Pine Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBuffalo
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhite Pine Press
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byKaren Kovacik
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.