All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis invaluable and well-illustrated book describes landscape modelling from a new perspective. It explains in detail how to design and construct a model railway in a convincing and pleasing landscape. The author has always considered that model railway dioramas are an art form and this book is brimming with advice and tips that will allow the modeller to create true-to-life landscapes.
- Author BiographyJohn de Frayssinet's interest in model railways began when he was a small child. He discovered the narrow-gauge Talyllyn Railway before it went into preservation and this began a life-long interest in 'wayward' railways. John has always striven to create a 'railway in landscape' rather than just a train set. He built his first scenic diorama in 1959 and, apart from building models for clients,he has built the award-winning County Gate narrow gauge diorama followed by Bratton Fleming Snow Scene and his new diorama, Cliffhanger. John has written extensively for yachting, aviation and model railway magazines and actively campaigns for good disabled access at model railway exhibitions.
- Author(s)John de Frayssinet
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication25/03/2013
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note230 colour photographs
- Weight535 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.