All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaster physics for pre-med, biology, and allied health sciences with Schaum's - the high-performance study guide. It will help you cut study time, hone problem-solving skills, and achieve your personal best on exams! Students love Schaum's Outlines because they produce results. Each year, hundreds of thousands of students improve their test scores and final grades with these indispensable study guides. Get the edge on your classmates. Use Schaum's ! If you don't have a lot of time but want to excel in class, this book helps you: prepare for the physical sciences section of the MCAT; understand physical concepts with illustrative examples from the biological/life sciences; brush up before tests; find answers fast; study quickly and more effectively; get the big picture without spending hours poring over lengthy textbooks. Schaum's Outlines give you the information your teachers expect you to kw in a handy and succinct format - without overwhelming you with unnecessary details. You get a complete overview of the subject. Plus, you get plenty of practice exercises to test your skill. Compatible with any classroom text, Schaum's let you study at your own pace and remind you of all the important facts you need to remember - fast! And Schaum's are so complete, they're perfect for preparing for graduate or professional exams.Inside, you will find: 325 fully solved problems, with step-by-step solutions; hundreds of additional practice problems, with answers supplied; up-to-date coverage of physics in biology and medicine; full preparation for the physical sciences section of the MCAT. If you want top grades and thorough understanding of physics for pre-med, biology, and allied health sciences, this powerful study tool is the best tutor you can have! Chapters include: Mathematical Fundamentals, Units and Dimensions, Vectors, Planar Motion, Statics, Particle Dynamics: Work, Energy, Power, Momentum and Impulse, Rotational Motion, Rotational Dynamics, Oscillatory Motion, Elasticity, Fluid Statics, Fluid Dynamics, Thermal Physics, Waves and Sound, Electricity, Direct Current Circuits, Magnetism, Alternating Current Circuits, Light, Geometrical Optics, Nuclear Physics and Radioactivity.
- Author BiographyGeorge J. Hademenos is a former college physics professor. He has published in journals such as American Scientist and Physics Today. In addition he has authored two books: The Physics of Cerebrovascular Diseases, published by Springer-Verlag, and Schaum's Outline of Physics for Biology, Allied Health, and Pre-Med Students.
- Author(s)George J. Hademenos
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSchaum's Outline Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchaum Outline Series
- Content Note75 line drawings
- Weight777 g
- Width203 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.