Scheduling of Power Generation: A Large-Scale Mixed-Variable Model by Istvan Deak, Andras Prekopa, Janos Hoffer, Agoston Nemeth, Janos Mayer, Beata Strazicky, Bela Potecz (Hardback, 2014)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book contains description of a real life application of modern mathematical optimization tools in an important problem solution for power networks. The objective is the modelling and calculation of optimal daily scheduling of power generation, by thermal power plants, to satisfy all demands at minimum cost, in such a way that the generation and transmission capacities as well as the demands at the des of the system appear in an integrated form. The physical parameters of the network are also taken into account. The obtained large-scale mixed variable problem is relaxed in a smart, practical way, to allow for fast numerical solution of the problem.
- Author BiographyProf. Andras Prekopa is a Professor at Rutgers University in the Department of Statistics. Prof. Janos Mayer is a Professor at University of Zurich in the Department of Business Adminstration. Prof. Beata Strazicky is currently retired but was a Professor at Szent Istvan University. Prof. Istvan Deak is a Professor at Corvinus University of Budapest in the Department of Computer Science. Janos Hoffer works at Allianz Hungaria Insurance Company in the IT Quality Assurance Section. Agoston Nemeth works in Ex-Lh Ltd. Bela Potecz is retired but previously worked for MAVIR Hungarian Independent Transmission Operator Company Ltd.
- Author(s)Agoston Nemeth,Andras Prekopa,Beata Strazicky,Bela Potecz,Istvan Deak,Janos Hoffer,Janos Mayer
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication27/08/2014
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Operations Research and Financial Engineering
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight397 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.