All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSchema Therapy combines proven cognitive behavioral therapy techniques with elements of interpersonal, experiential, and psychodynamic therapies in order to help people with long-term mental health problems including personality disorders and chronic depression. Schema Therapy suggests that many negative cognitive conditions are based on past experiences, and therefore provides models for challenging and modifying negative thoughts and behaviors in order to provoke change. In this book, Eshkol Rafaeli, David P. Bernstein and Jeffrey Young - pioneers of the Schema Therapy approach - indicate the 30 distinctive features of Schema Therapy, and how the method fits into the broader CBT spectrum. Divided into two parts, Theoretical Points and Practical Points, this book provides a concise introduction for those new to the technique, as well as a discussion of how it differs from the other cognitive behavioral therapies for those experienced in the field.
- Author BiographyEshkol Rafaeli is a Clinical Psychologist specializing in both cognitive behavioral therapy and Schema Therapy and is Associate Professor at Bar-Ilan University. David P. Bernstein is a Clinical Psychologist and a Cognitive and Schema Therapist, an is Associate Professor in the Faculty of Psychology at Maastricht University, The Netherlands. Jeffrey Young is the Founder and Director of the Cognitive Therapy Centers of New York and Connecticut, and the Schema Therapy Institute in New York City.
- Author(s)David P. Bernstein,Eshkol Rafaeli,Jeffrey Young
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/09/2010
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleCBT Distinctive Features
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 9
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables
- Weight181 g
- Width123 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.