All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSchemes of Arrangement is a practical examination of the legal and commercial aspects of schemes of arrangement, for corporate restructuring in mergers and acquisitions and insolvency scenarios. All aspects of the scheme of arrangement are covered. In the mergers and acquisitions context, practical issues covered include the preparation of scheme documentation, the determination of classes, requirements for first and second court hearings, practical observance of s.411(17), valuations, and matters arising from the Corporations and Markets Advisory Committee's report from December 2009. In the insolvency setting, there is discussion of matters arising from the recent insolvencies of Sons of Gwalia, Opes Prime, Lehman Brothers and Lift Capital. Schemes of Arrangement includes a list summarising all schemes of arrangement in Australia between 2004 and 2010, referring to the court approval decisions from each hearing. A check list for a scheme of arrangement in a mergers and acquisitions context is also included.
- Author BiographyKanaga Dharmananda (BJuris (Hons); LLB (Hons) (UWA); BCL (Oxon); LLM (Harvard)) is a barrister at Francis Burt Chambers in Perth and a Visiting Fellow at the Faculty of Law of the University of Western Australia. Prior to being called to the Bar, Kanaga was a partner at Corrs Chambers Westgarth, Counsel with the United Nations Compensation Commission, and Counsel with Mitsubishi Corporation. He is also on the editorial board of law journals and reports and has published extensively. Anthony Papamatheos (BCom, LLB (Distinction) (UWA)) is an Associate at Maxim Litigation Consultants in Perth and is a Visiting Lecturer at the Faculty of Law of the University of Western Australia. He practises in most areas of civil and commercial litigation. John Koshy (BCom (Hons), LLB (Hons) (UWA) is a Senior Associate at Allens Arthur Robinson in Perth. He practises in mergers and acquisitions and general corporate/commercial law and has significant experience in the resources and energy sector. Koshy commenced his legal career with the State Solicitor's Office of Western Australia. He has also tutored in corporations law at the UWA Law School and corporate finance at the UWA Business School.
- PublisherFederation Press
- Date of Publication17/12/2010
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationAnnandale, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFederation Press
- Weight444 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAnthony Papamatheos,John Koshy,Kanaga Dharmananda
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.