Schizophrenia: Cognitive Theory, Research, and Therapy by Aaron T. Beck, Neil A. Rector, Paul Grant, Neal Stolar (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.84Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $69.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Aaron T. Beck and colleagues, this is the definitive work on the cognitive model of schizophrenia and its treatment. The volume integrates cognitive-behavioral and biological kwledge into a comprehensive conceptual framework. It examines the origins, development, and maintenance of key symptom areas: delusions, hallucinations, negative symptoms, and formal thought disorder. Treatment chapters then offer concrete guidance for addressing each type of symptom, complete with case examples and session outlines. Anyone who treats or studies serious mental illness will find a new level of understanding together with theoretically and empirically grounded clinical techniques.
- Author BiographyAaron T. Beck, MD, is the founder of cognitive therapy, University Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania, and President Emeritus of the Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy. Dr. Beck is the recipient of numerous awards, including the Albert Lasker Clinical Medical Research Award, the American Psychological Association (APA) Lifetime Achievement Award, the American Psychiatric Association Distinguished Service Award, the Robert J. and Claire Pasarow Foundation Award for Research in Neuropsychiatry, and the Institute of Medicine's Sarnat International Prize in Mental Health and Gustav O. Lienhard Award. Neil A. Rector, PhD, is Director of Research, Department of Psychiatry, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, and Associate Professor of Psychiatry, University of Toronto. He is a Founding Fellow of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy and an editorial board member of several cognitive therapy journals, and conducts research on cognitive mechanisms and cognitive therapy treatments for psychiatric disorders. Dr. Rector has an active clinical practice and is also involved in training and supervision. Neal Stolar, MD-PhD, is a Medical Director and Director of the Cognitive Therapy for the Treatment of Psychosis Special Project at Project Transition in the Philadelphia area; a psychiatric consultant for Creative Health Services and Penn Behavioral Health; a researcher at the University of Pennsylvania's Psychopathology Research Unit and Schizophrenia Research Center; and in private practice. Dr. Stolar is a Founding Fellow of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy. He has lectured internationally on cognitive therapy of schizophrenia. Paul Grant, PhD, is Director of Schizophrenia Research and a Fellow in the Psychopathology Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Grant's research interests include cognitive psychopathological models of positive and negative symptoms as well as cognitive therapy of schizophrenia. He is the author of several journal articles and book chapters.
- Author(s)Aaron T. Beck,Neal Stolar,Neil A. Rector,Paul Grant
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication13/05/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight570 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.68
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.