All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSchizophrenia: Recent Advances in Diagsis and Treatment is a major addition to the literature, offering practical, comprehensive coverage of diagsis and treatment options, genetic issues, neuroimaging, long-term management of schizophrenia, and future directions and predictions of how clinical care of schizophrenia will change. The book is divided into five sections. Section 1 summarizes the present state of kwledge about the diagsis and treatment of schizophrenia. This includes recent changes in the DSM 5 categorization of schizophrenia and its implications for treatment. Section 2 considers recent discoveries into its pathoetiology, including the status of biological markers, genetics and neuroimaging as they relate to diagsis and potential vel therapeutic approaches. Section 3 explores the optimization of present therapeutic approaches; vel treatments; and management of the substantial risks associated with both the illness and its present therapies. Section 4 discusses progress in the long-term management of schizophrenia, focusing on biological and psychotherapeutic strategies to improve functioning and facilitate recovery. Section 5 considers future directions and predictions of how diagsis and treatment of schizophrenia will change. An invaluable addition to the field, Schizophrenia: Recent Advances in Diagsis and Treatment is a definitive resource that will be of great interest to all clinicians caring for patients with schizophrenia.
- Author BiographyPhilip G. Janicak, M.D. Professor of Psychiatry Rush University Chicago, IL Stephen R. Marder, M.D. Professor and Director, Section on Psychosis Semel Institute at UCLA Director, Desert Pacific Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare Center Los Angeles, CA Rajiv Tandon, M.D. Professor of Psychiatry, University of Florida College of Medicine Chief of Psychiatry, North Florida/South Georgia V.A. Healthcare System University of Florida College of Medicine Gainesville, FL Morris Goldman, M.D. Associate Professor of Psychiatry Northwestern University Department of Psychiatry Chicago, IL.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 14 colour illustrations, 24 black & white tables, biography
- Weight713 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMorris Goldman,Philip G. Janicak,Rajiv Tandon,Stephen R. Marder
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.