Schizophrenia into Later Life: Treatment, Research, and Policy by American Psychiatric Association Publishing (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $88.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $71.86+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe are on the verge of a crisis in mental health. Over the next 30 years the number of chronically mentally ill people 55 years of age and older will double. With multiple disorders relating to mental illness and old age, these people will require unique services from a health care system that is ill prepared to deliver them. Schizophrenia Into Later Life: Treatment, Research, and Policy is the first major multidisciplinary reference on this important topic -- a landmark work for researchers, service providers, and policy makers. Broad in scope, it discusses the demographic and clinical characteristics of older schizophrenic persons, details treatment approaches, suggests research strategies, and covers the relevant ecomic and health policy issues. * The most up-to-date, comprehensive source of information on this understudied group. It will help community psychiatrists, gerontologists, psychologists, policy makers, and social scientists meet a growing demand for services.* A multidisciplinary approach with contributing experts from fields of biological psychiatry, social psychiatry, sociology, anthropology, social work, psychology, and neuropsychology will help professionals integrate services for the best outcome.* A primary resource on the subject -- sections include epidemiology, biological aspects, psychosocial features, clinical care, and public policy. Today there is a distressing lack of age-appropriate clinical, rehabilitative, or residential programs for older patients with chronic mental illness. Schizophrenia in Later Life: Treatment, Research, and Policy will guide researchers, service providers, and policy makers in creating invative new programs to help this underserved and growing population.
- Author BiographyCarl I. Cohen, M.D., is Professor and Director of the Division of Geriatric Psychiatry at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York.
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication04/04/2003
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Press Inc.
- Content Note1 halftones, 11 line drawings, 16 tables
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byCarl I. Cohen
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.