All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCome face-to-face with ermous eyes, huge ses, poisous fangs, fluffy cheeks, and colorful beaks in ANIMAL FACES. Most animals have many features in common with one ather--eyes, ses, ears, mouths--so it's amazing that there are so many different-looking faces in the world! ANIMAL FACES is a completely original way to look at all the animal groups on Earth. By looking at some familiar animal faces--and some that are very rarely seen--young readers will learn about the main animal groups: hairy mammals, scaly reptiles, feathered birds, goggle-eyed amphibians, creepy bugs, and extraordinary fish! Why do birds have differently shaped beaks? Why do some spiders have eight eyes? How do some animals use their faces to scare off other animals? How well can an elephant smell? All these questions, and many more, are answered in a simple, fun way, accompanied by amazing photographs.
- Author BiographyPenny Arlon writes children's nonfiction, taking inspiration from her own children. Her books range from preschool titles to family reference books, and include the Art Attack books, based on the award-winning CITV (UK) children's television program, and all 14 titles in Dorling Kindersley's Eye Know series. She is the author of almost all the books in the Scholastic Discover More emergent and confident reader strands, which have won numerous accolades and prizes.
- Author(s)Penelope Arlon
- PublisherScholastic US
- Date of Publication11/05/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleScholastic Discover More
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width193 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.