School-Based Crisis Intervention: Preparing All Personnel to Assist by Dawn Sheen, Melissa Allen Heath (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.21Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.20+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by professionalresources
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a student is in dire need of emotional support, caring adults in the school can make a difference. This essential resource helps practitioners prepare all school personnel to respond sensitively and effectively to children and adolescents in crisis. Packed with user-friendly features--including over 50 reproducible tools--the book provides crucial guidance for helping students cope with such stressful circumstances as bullying, abuse, parental divorce, chronic illness, depression, loss, and more. The emphasis is on giving teachers and staff basic crisis intervention skills: how to react, what to say, and what to do to create a safe and supportive environment. In a large-size format with lay-flat binding to facilitate photocopying, the volume's utility is enhanced by many specific training ideas and activities. This book is in The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series.
- Author BiographyMelissa Allen Heath, PhD, is an assistant professor in the Department of Counseling Psychology and Special Education at Brigham Young University. Her primary research interest is crisis prevention and intervention in the school setting. She is a licensed psychologist and a nationally and state-certified school psychologist. In addition to serving on school crisis teams, district crisis teams, and community crisis teams, she also received crisis training through Red Cross Disaster Mental Health and Community Emergency Preparedness Training (CERT). Over the past 10 years, she has worked with schools and communities in developing basic training materials for crisis intervention. Dawn Sheen is currently a master's student in school psychology at Brigham Young University. Prior to graduate school, she was a middle school teacher specializing in multicultural awareness and French and Spanish language instruction. Her previous experience with crisis intervention includes managing a women's shelter for those affected by domestic violence and assisting with a community rape crisis hotline. Recognizing the need for student involvement with disaster preparedness, she sponsored an after-school Masters of Disaster class taught in conjunction with the Red Cross. Her research interests include crisis prevention and intervention as well as multicultural issues in school settings.
- Author(s)Dawn Sheen,Melissa Allen Heath
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication25/04/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleGuilford Practical Intervention in the Schools
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight456 g
- Width214 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.