All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSchool is where therapeutic services for children and adolescents are most commonly delivered. When schools help children to develop their social, coping, and problem-solving skills, the children can readily use these skills in their daily interactions. And, interventions that take place where problems occur are more likely to be successful than those applied elsewhere. As beneficial as school-based psychological interventions may be, it can be challenging for school psychologists and other school personnel to select the most appropriate ones, and to adapt them to the realities of the school environment. This book presents a practical framework for delivering school-centered interventions that effectively target the most common psychological, social, and learning problems experienced by children and adolescents - from externalizing and internalizing disorders to the challenges posed by ADHD and autism spectrum disorder. For each symptom profile, the author examines the diagstic and developmental considerations, the empirically supported intervention strategies, the instructional supports, crisis intervention protocols, and required family and systemic supports. Throughout, the emphasis is on the school context and its implications. The result is a comprehensive, multi-tiered approach to meeting students' needs.
- Author BiographyDennis J. Simon, PhD, is a licensed clinical and school psychologist with more than three decades of experience within elementary and secondary schools. For 14 years, he was director of NSSEO Timber Ridge Therapeutic Day School, a zero-reject public program serving the Chicago, USA area. His career has centered on program development and psychological interventions for children and adolescents experiencing social, emotional, and behavioral disorders. Currently, he teaches courses at Loyola University of Chicago, USA on therapeutic interventions, clinical supervision, and consultation for systems change. Dr. Simon is the lead author of the developmental/ecological/problem-solving model of clinical supervision that supports training in evidence-based intervention practices.
- Author(s)Dennis J. Simon
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleSchool Psychology Series
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Weight726 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.