All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow can schools create safe, well-supervised classroom environments while also teaching students skills for managing their behavior on their own? This invaluable guide presents a framework for achieving both of these crucial goals. It shows how to balance external reinforcements such as positive behavior supports with social-emotional learning interventions. Evidence-based techniques are provided for targeting the cognitive and emotional processes that underlie self-discipline, both in classroom instruction and when correcting problem behavior. Describing how to weave the techniques together into a comprehensive schoolwide disciplinary approach, the book includes over a dozen reproducible forms, checklists, and assessment tools. The large-size format and lay-flat binding facilitate photocopying. This book is in The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series.
- Author BiographyGeorge Bear, PhD, is Professor of School Psychology at the University of Delaware. Formerly a school psychologist in Iowa and Virginia, he continues to work in the schools weekly as a practitioner. For the past 8 years he has been a consultant to the state of Delaware's Positive Behavioral Supports (PBS) initiative, devoting much of this time to evaluating the impact of PBS on school climate and student behavior. He has published over 60 journal articles, book chapters, and books, most of which focus on school discipline and the social, emotional, and moral development of children.
- Author(s)George G. Bear
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication16/07/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleGuilford Practical Intervention in the Schools
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight588 g
- Width266 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.