All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionMuch of school reform during the past decade has been influenced by neoliberal and neoconservative ecomic and social policies and Rightist politics. Although the authors of School Reform Critics do t abandon their own ideas about the need for progressive changes in K-12 schooling, they critique in specific ways the current so-called school reform movement, focusing on education in a democracy, context and policy implications, teachers and teacher education, and diversity and social justice. Their insightful chapters make a major contribution to our thoughtful consideration of where we are headed and in what direction we should be going if we seek to advance the public good, ensure a stronger democracy, and create more academically meaningful and equitable schools for all children. The book will especially engage readers in such courses as foundations of education, educational policy, curriculum studies, and teacher education.
- Author BiographyJoseph L. DeVitis has taught at five universities in his 40-year academic career. A prolific scholar and public intellectual, he is the recipient of the Distinguished Alumni Award from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Three of his recent books, Critical Civic Literacy (Peter Lang, 2011), Character and Moral Education (Peter Lang, 2011) and Adolescent Education (2010), won Critics Choice Awards from the American Educational Studies Association. Kenneth Teitelbaum is Dean and Professor in the Watson College of Education at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. His research and teaching interests focus on critical reflection in teacher education and teachers' work, school reform as it relates to democracy, social justice and diversity, and school knowledge in current and historical contexts.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication19/12/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight630 g
- Width183 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byJoseph L. DeVitis,Kenneth Teitelbaum
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.